Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Promo - 15,000 Bonus Miles for RT to London / Paris

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2004, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC

Didn't see this one posted yet - and there is a catch (booking class)

http://www.united.com/page/article/0...ink=%2Fperksmp

Fly now and earn as many as 15,000 bonus miles that also count toward elite status.

It’s easy. Just register, book and fly a qualifying roundtrip to either London or Paris from August 16 through December 15, 2004.

Earn 15,000 bonus miles when you fly in United First® (F or A booking class)
Earn 10,000 bonus miles when you fly in United Business® (C or D booking class)
Earn 5,000 bonus miles when you fly in full-fare United Economy® (Y or B booking class)
It’s easier than ever to reach elite status with this special offer.

The bonus miles you earn with this offer are not only redeemable for award travel, but they also count toward 2005 elite status....

Good luck.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA G-1MM/*G, B6 Mosaicm, DL G, HH S, Bonvoy(...?) Plat, Avis PS, Hertz 5*, Nat ExVIP
I've now registered for it, thanks.

The irony is that I'll probably not be flying on all that many Y/B to the UK this fall. As far as I can tell, the flights are generally not fully booked and I can't convince the company to pony up for the B unless I need it. Even so,
it's only 5K EQM/BM. I'll get over it.

Timothy

Sad. So sad.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Hmm... 5000 EQMs plus the 150% base EQM bonus...

I am giving serious thought to attending alanw's shindig so I need to get to Barcelona. Since I can't do it on UA, it might be worth running a seperate SEA-LHR ticket (if I go, it will be Y/B, anyway for upgrade and EQM purposes) and then check out my options from LHR instead of playing with UA and STAR to go on one ticket via connections and partners.
Old Aug 17, 2004, 12:53 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Capturing for historical purposes:

Offer valid for travel between August 16 and December 15, 2004. Offer valid on qualifying, paid published fares in F, A, C, D, Y, B booking classes only. Not combinable with other offers. Offer may be earned a maximum of one time. Valid on transatlantic flights between the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and London Heathrow or Paris Charles de Gaulle. Registration is required by December 15, 2004, to qualify for this offer. E-TicketSM purchase required. Roundtrip is required. A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United. Open jaws and circle trip itineraries are not allowed. Not valid on government fares. Offer valid only for residents of the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Valid only on flights operated by United, United Express, or Ted and not on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers. Must be a Mileage Plus member to participate in this offer. Flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify. Please allow 6–8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for bonus miles to be posted to your Mileage Plus account. Other restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice. Bonus miles apply to base flight miles only and count toward elite status. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite or class-of-service bonuses. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. The Mileage Plus Program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit united.com. (MPD D74)
Old Aug 17, 2004, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA G-1MM/*G, B6 Mosaicm, DL G, HH S, Bonvoy(...?) Plat, Avis PS, Hertz 5*, Nat ExVIP
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Hmm... 5000 EQMs plus the 150% base EQM bonus...

I am giving serious thought to attending alanw's shindig so I need to get to Barcelona. Since I can't do it on UA, it might be worth running a seperate SEA-LHR ticket (if I go, it will be Y/B, anyway for upgrade and EQM purposes) and then check out my options from LHR instead of playing with UA and STAR to go on one ticket via connections and partners.
Even better. Price out a *A European Air Pass and stop a couple of places.

Timothy
Old Aug 17, 2004, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by GodOSpoons
Even better. Price out a *A European Air Pass and stop a couple of places.
That would be ideal. I'd much rather get in a week of museum touring across Europe then just fly over and come right back...
Old Sep 5, 2004, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wow, thanks for this. I already have a B ticket booked JFK-LHR in October. I can use the extra 5K EQM!
Old Sep 5, 2004, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
That would be ideal. I'd much rather get in a week of museum touring across Europe then just fly over and come right back...
Let me know when you're over in LHR (if you stop). If I'm there (instead of Denver), who knows... there are plenty of watering holes off the Piccadilly line.

Timothy
Old Sep 9, 2004, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Targeted?

Is this offer targeted? Is it just for PerksPlus members?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 2:47 pm

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
corporates only, I'd say

As I read this, one must be a corporate flyer since the "how to" link requires a company id number.
Apparently this offer is "targeted!"

Originally Posted by octeckels
Is this offer targeted? Is it just for PerksPlus members?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 2:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I just noticed in the post above, where the terms and conditions were apparently pasted in, it says this:"Bonus miles apply to base flight miles only and count toward elite status." What exactly does that mean? I just got a targeted offer that says it doesnt count towards EQM. Any thoughts from people? Is this offer typo? Is it different?
Old Sep 9, 2004, 3:21 pm

Angry Darn it!

Once again, as always, government fares excluded. Why do they insist on maintaining this exclusion on their promotions? Gov't and military are sometimes half the loads out of IAD, and I sometimes have to work the system to make sure my transatl flights are with UA - often, as things work out, at Y or B fares since many of my trips come up at last minute...
Old Sep 9, 2004, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I registered, no problem and will go C or D in Oct to LHR and will happily be across the 1k line by end of Nov. Thanks for the update.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 4:51 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Given this:

"Roundtrip is required. A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United."

Is this a valid routing?

United Airlines 1408
Operated by UNITED FOR TED
12:53 PM depart LAX
02:04 PM arrival LAS
Fare Basis Code: C
Booking class: Y

(2 days later)

Las Vegas Nevada (LAS) to Washington Dulles (IAD)
United Airlines 1550
Operated by UNITED FOR TED
01:00 PM depart LAS
08:28 PM arrival IAD
Booking class: Y

Washington Dulles (IAD) to London Heathrow (LHR)

United Airlines 0922
09:35 AM depart IAD
10:05 PM arrival LHR
Booking class: NF

London Heathrow (LHR) to Los Angeles International (LAX)

United Airlines 0935
10:55 AM depart LHR
02:10 PM arrival LAX
Booking class: NF

This is all on the same PNR, btw.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
That would be an OK routing since it is a roundtrip fare (LAX-LHR) with a stopover that is allowed through the fare rules. It would no be OK if your LAX-LAS was say V class while LAS-IAD-LHR-IAD-LAX was C class. That would be a one-way plus an open-jaw.

Personally, I would buy a cheap LAX-LAS-LAX roundtrip and a LAX-LHR-LAX ticket rather than fly LAX-LAS-IAD on TED in Y when you are booking a full-fare C trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.